google plus

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Keeping Good as Our Witness


Meaning: According to the line of Ribved 7/89/3 — "Keeping God as our Witness, let us accept our faults, wicked tendencies and wicked deeds so that we may not be lax in eliminating them. Our only prayers to God should be, 'O God! Drive away our wickedness"
Message: We sleep daily for 6-7 hours, which means that we remain awake for 17-18 hours daily. Innumerable thoughts arise within us throughout the day, and we talk quite a lot and also carry out the prescribed work. Let us take any one exclusive day and think over what all we thought, spoke and did. If we analyze, look within ourselves and do a little close observation, we will come to know how much unnecessary talk was made and how many abusive words and bad thoughts came in our minds. Then we will realize that most of the speech and thoughts were wicked, foolish and faulty. With only one day's self-analysis our attitude will be, "I was immersed in so many wicked thoughts and bad deeds and unnecessarily lost one day of my invaluable life." To save ourselves from such wasteful mental attitude we must obtain the help of God, and every day, every moment we must trust in God.
If we understand God as our friend, companion and well-wisher by believing in His omnipresence, then we will not feel shy about finding out our faults and accepting them. HE knows everything, sees everything, and then why hesitates before Him? At that time one does not feel ashamed to admit," How foolish I am that although I know and understand, even then I am not doing my expected duty, but doing the opposite. I know that I must not do this, but am still doing it. I am not able to fulfill any good or auspicious resolve, because mentally I become very weak. Some good thoughts arise to my mind, but because of the fear of people's ridicule, I am not able to even start any action on them. I also understand what I am expected to do. He tells me that I am going on the wrong path but I am so weak that I continue walking on the opposite path".
When such feeling becomes profound, then the spiritual strength of giving up the faults and wicked tendencies is achieved. In identifying one's own mistakes, accepting them and hating oneself for them, one gets that drive inspiration which liberates us from the wretchedness, incapacity, weakness and lack of mental brightness. Then that all knowing, auspicious and powerful God fills us with His brightness. By taking shelter under Him, by confessing sincerely one's bad tendencies and actions before Him, and resolving not to repeat them in future, that just pitiful God forgives us. Then He changes this life which earlier experienced failure at every step, and makes it complete with peace and happiness. Our bad habits leave us, bad thoughts and bad culture start running away and our life becomes meaningful.

The easiest way of eradicating our mistakes is to confess them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spiritual spirit comes from the very inner layer of our body. This is known as feeling of an individuals.