google plus

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Honesty of Arjuna in Mahabharata

This introduction to Arjuna's condition helps us greatly in understanding the rest of the Gita. We should be grateful for this. It also helps us in another way. It reveals Arjuna's straight forwardness and honesty. The word 'Arjuna', in fact, means one who is honest and straightforward in nature. He opened out his heart before Krishna, laid bare before Him all that he felt and thought. He hid nothing from Him and ultimately surrendered to Him totally. In fact he was already His devotee. When he made Krishna his charioteer and entrusted to Him the reins of his horses, he had got ready to give into His hands the reins of his mind also. Let us do likewise. Let us not think that, unlike Arjuna, we do not have Krishna to guide us. Let us not get caught in the fallacy that Krishna was an historical person. Everybody has Krishna residing in his heart as the indwelling Self. He is nearer to us than the nearest. Let us bare our heart with all its impurities and weaknesses, before Him and say. "Lord I take refuge in you. You are my sole guide, my master. Show me the right path and I shall follow it." If we do so, Arjuna's charioteer will be our charioteer too. We shall hear the Gita from His own lips and He will lead us to victory.

Upasana
Upasana means coming closer to the object of adoration. When wood and fire come closer to each other, wood becomes fire. Likewise, I surrendered myself to God (my guru) and told Him "whatever power, wealth, intellect, etc I possess, are yours; please order me what I have to de."This is called Upasana. It is essentially characterized by the surrender of one's thoughts, emotions, faith and resources. My Upasana comprised solely of surrender and faith. I have merged myself with my God like a rivulet merging itself with the river and in the process have achieved in status, power and form of the river (my guru). Why don't you too mix with your God and say 'I surrender to thee, please use me.' My Upasana overshadowed my self like this. I have assimilated the devotion of Upasana in my life like the loyalty and fidelity of a devoted wife towards her husband. You too will have to dedicate yourself to your God to achieve something worthwhile in life.
Gurudev

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spiritual spirit comes from the very inner layer of our body. This is known as feeling of an individuals.